This keeps happening - part deux

There is another consistent dynamic in my life that has me looking at my schedule and thinking that some thing or some day will be excruciatingly long and never end. We had a huge weekend, that actually started on Friday night, and I knew...really knew...that it would be too much. I knew that it would never end and that all of the activities would somehow slow the march time so much that I would come out on the other side thinking "Never ever again."

But now, it is 2:53 p.m. on Monday and the only thing that I can say is "Where did it go?" and "Is that all there is?"

The build up was not inappropriate and there were plenty of smiling, laughing, knowing glances and hand holding to justify the anticpation. But, it's over now. Or is it? No, it actually isn't. The temporal pleasures that were mine were born in His heart and given to me even today pregnant with it's own gifts. His heart still blesses mine so much so that I want my heart to bless His in ever-increasing measure.

Remember these light-filled days, Mark, when the dark ones come. Remember the God that you speak so fondly of now when you're tempted to curse Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer