From **Thwack** to **Click**

I have blogged before about how certain people have explained things to me before in such a way that it made things very clear and affected my realtionship with God in a profound and meaningful way. Last Sunday was one of those days for me. I am sure everyone around heard the **Click** in my brain as one of our pastors used 1 Timothy 4:12 in a way that I will use to, hopefully, benefit my growing boys:

12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

What a great template for examining our lives: make sure that we are setting an example for others in our speech, life (conduct), love, faith (faithfulness here), and purity (moral, sexual). This is an especially pertinent passage for young folks as it is addressed to a young man by an older one.

What a great tool to use in my life and in my parenting of my boys. I pray that I do use it when the time comes as an encouragement to them and as a further proof of the utility of the Scriptures in our day-to-day lives.

**Click** indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer