Affect follow up

OK, I am still on this affect thing so please bear with me. I think the real work is not necessarily on affect (unless I am constantly being misunderstood) but on the heart where the emotions actually spring from. Rather than trying to mask my emotions or betray them with how I am coming across, why shouldn't I just deal with the emotions that are the overflow of my heart anyway? That would be the most God-honoring thing to do and I am sure that my affect would follow suit.

In other words, if I am concerned I will show concern, if I have a bad attitidue I will show that as well. It will happen. How quickly and with whom is another matter. Time for the real work where I make sure that when confronted with someone who disagrees with me, or even a disagreeable person, my heart drives my affect. I fear it is impossible the other way around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer