I should have known

I should have known it was too good to be true. I got a clear sky alert for last night and, upon examining other sources, it looked iffy at best. So, I did some research as to what would be visible and saw that comet C/2006 M4 (Swan) looked to be high enough in the Western sky to be a good target. Then I got all excited. Then I got to the observing location and noticed dense clouds in the Southwest. Bummer. By the time I would have gotten set up and aligned things would have had gone from bad to worse so I bagged it. And the weather does not look like it will cooperate for the Mercury transit tomorrow either. Oh well - such is life in Rochester in the Autumn. A cloud-busting telescope is what I need for Christmas. Well, not really, because if I needed it my Father would have given it to me already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04