Art and The Artist

As artists realize (I think that is the best term) their art they communicate universals that are a result of their perspective and the creative process in general. These contribute to the label of “art” striking chords with the people experiencing it and allowing them to connect to it deeply. These also communicate the existence of a Universal Who has created an ordered planet where the accidental and the essential are held in a most predictable precision.

There are two lines by Seal on a couple of his songs that do this for me:

But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.  - Crazy
and
Take me to that funky place where you and I were born. – Bring It On

Part of me wants to plumb the depths of why these lyrics strike so deeply true to me, but then part of me wants to just experience them and the feelings of familiarity they produce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer