Where are the good machines?

 We had some good machines, but they don't work no more.

I loved you once, don't love you anymore. - Faded Flowers, Shriekback

Where are the good machines? The iron and gears that ground out the steps of this life and even love? So many hours to maintain them just to bask in their hum. So many sunset questions concerning their fitness for another day. Another month. One more year? Why was the hole they filled never filled?

My love was strong for them. No one who really knew me would think otherwise. What? I never spoke of them to you? You never heard? Surely you felt them. Don't you know how they dictated my treatment of you? You thought that was just me? Well, yes.

It was.

Yes, you beautiful automatons. I loved you. You never cared on whit for me but I couldn't stop drinking your oil and polishing your brass. I saw my reflection once. Once in the mirror chrome.

And that was your death. And mine. You'll fade even more. You will never again see my face. 

Only my back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer