I must taste this death today

Today, seemingly out of "nowhere" I recalled the memorial acclimation that I was often invited to recite when I was a young boy in the Catholic Church:

Dying you destroyed our death,
Rising you restored our life.
Lord Jesus, come in glory. 

My sin will thrust me, hard, so hard, into the ground some day. Unnatural though it will be my soul will be unzipped from this body of mine disintegrating what God joined 52 years ago. Yet this death will not result in my destruction. It will be the doorway to a new life. With overwhelming force God will rip me from my grave. 

Just as Christ died, was buried, and resurrected so will I be. My brother, master, and savior has shown the way through his death. This death that was meant for evil has been humiliated by the Son and it now kneels before him to do his bidding in benefit of the children he has won for his Father. 

I need to taste this death today and die to that which seeks me. I need to come alive and unite myself to him who restored my life. What will I thrust far from me today? Who will I live for? What will I die to? 

Oh death! I pray you will serve me today. Oh hell! This is your victory?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer