We have bought and sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist...

I was uploading a bunch of pictures to Flickr today and came across some pictures of miscellaneous stuff in our garage that we have sold on Craigslist. It all went - not a single thing was left and I received my asking price on all but one of the items. That I got my asking price on just about everything is completely strange because, as far as I know, I have not paid the asking price on any item off of Craigslist. At any rate, this is just another example to me of the golden age of information and connectivity that we are living in.

After picking up a nice used bike for my oldest son I recalled a story to my boys about a used bike that my dad purchased for me. We were on our way back from visiting my relatives down in Wayland, NY when we just happened to drive by a house with a decent enough used bike for sale. My dad got it for me, we loaded it in the station wagon, and we were on our way again. It was a decent enough bike (just the good side past a piece of junk) and I rode it for a long while. That is so much different than the experience we have now.

We have sold everything from furniture to tires to a leftover dishwasher and cabinets from our kitchen remodel on Craigslist. It has been very good to us and we are thankful that we have this outlet to turn our unusable stuff into cash. That it is as free as strolling around the mall is a big help too and just gives us more information connecting us with more people than we would have ever known in the past. 

Such it is today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer