Nothing can stand in its way

The Word is a sword that pierces the heart
And its truth is a light that cuts through the dark
Of this world.

Nations shall rise and nations shall fall
But nothing shall stand in the way
Of the Word. - Iona

The older I grow and the more I see, the less I am enamored with people's opinions, observations, and reports unless they line up with the Word of God found in the Bible. I know that there are a million different interpretations of problematic passages in the Bible, but, as Mark Twain was fond of saying, "It isn't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me. It is the parts I do understand."

There were (are?) so many times in my life that I let my emotions or clouded perspective get in the way of the truth. I speak nothing but lies to myself and sometimes even to others. Those are the times that I am not so much in love with the truth, but in love with myself or in "love" with the other person I am lying to. 

Beyond it all there is one thing that will never be opposed: the Word. It has never, ever, ever, failed me and has given me and others a refuge to run to when we are convinced that we are too far gone or too sure of the path that we want rather than the one God wants. Not even my stubborn heart can suppress it.

And through it all, even when I am on the other side of this whole big mess, it will endure. Nothing I can see, and even much of what I cannot see, will remain. The Word however, the only anchor and light, will for He has declared that it will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04