Tell me why I don't mind Mondays

(With apologies to the Boomtown Rats)

I was driving into work today and praying with the radio off. I don't do that as much as I should, but I have found myself, by His good grace, praying a lot more lately and it has been a great thing. At any rate, I have not ever been one of those "Ugh...it's Monday." people, or one of the TGIFers as I see just as many gifts coming from God on Monday morning as I do on Friday evening (even when we are childless for the night). I have to admit that it is hard for me to live my life one day at a time and not to miss the everything that God has for me today and now. I do get lost in making plans for another day or another season so much so that I find myself desiring to be there more than here. Not that making plans is a bad thing, but letting that plan-making take over my affections smacks of me being ungrateful for where God has placed me today and now.

All that to say that every second of this life is a revelation of God's sovereign will for me. Whether it's painful, pleasant, Friday evening, or Monday morning this is still true: God's gift is both now and later. Unwrapping the later now gives short shrift to the abundant life that He wants me to live now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer