I was held

There is no other way to describe it. I needed God to hold me this day and He did just that. There have been times when this has happened before, but I am always surprised when it does. Thank you, God, for the reminder that your Son has died, risen, and is coming again. Thank you for focusing me on what really matters rather than a thousand other things. Thank you for the knowing nods and affirmations, the opportunities to encourage people, the amazing time I had with the kids at HighPoint, the time we had together as a family, and the hand I was able to hold tonight through some difficult news and information sharing.

But most of all, God, thank you for holding me. Thank you for squeezing me tight and pressing me against your chest. I could almost feel your breath on my neck you were so close to me today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04