I wouldn't know what to do with it

I have to admit that this frustrates me a bit. I would like to think that I am a better picture than the one the Bible paints of me...even in my regenerate state. But the fact of the matter is that God withholds a lot of information from me. I know nothing of the next minute of my life save that which I assume it to be based on my past experience. I would like to make plans, what I deem substantial plans, for the next year, but I do not have the information that I think that I need to do so. And I am not even that smart to boot. I do not have the mental capacity to examine the decisions and the activities that I engage in from the angles that, I think, would yield the optimal result. And to top it all off I am called to pursue wisdom, called to be a good manager, called to be holy with the insight and information that I am given.

And that drives me a little crazy.

But I need to rest in the fact that if I needed more information than I have to fulfill the call of God in my life I would have it. Even though sometimes I don't believe it I need to move in a way that shows the world that there is a Benevolent Despot that is ordering events for my good and giving me what I need to be like His Son. Sometimes I answer (if only in my heart) the question of, "What more can He do?" with "Quite a bit more actually" and begin to air my two fist fulls of complaints. Of course He can do quite a bit more than He is doing. He can give me quite a bit more information than He is giving me. But He won't. He won't for my own good. If He did I would misuse it. And it drives me crazy that I have to rest in that because it calls to my mind my weakness and my inclination to wander and sin.

And that inclination doesn't drive me crazy enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer