The luxury of thought

Oftentimes I do not afford myself the luxury of thought. I think, but I do not order my life or activity in a way that would make the most sense. Just ask anyone who is around me in a time when "a lot of things need to get done" and you'll see my gnat-like the attention span. I do not have the natural ability to look at 6 different things that need to get done and order them for maximum efficiency. And, in the midst of a project, I do have a tendency to dive head-long into something without a proper plan. I think that one of the reasons why I do not formulate a plan for projects is that, given my adult ADD, if I stopped to think about something I would be off on a tangent that would have me actually doing something else. If my hands are actually busy doing something then I need to stay focused on it for a while. Or until it gets done. Whichever comes first.

I do, from time to time, find thoughts in my head and throw them out there and see if they hold my interest for an extended period of time. Sometimes I even find boredom striking when I am in the middle of a sentence and lose the will to actually complete it. That's dangerous because usually when I am talking people are listening...and they expect coherence in the words that are assaulting their ears. If I trail off out of boredom then this does not lend itself... It may even be considered anti-social. I know - shocking, isn't it? Yet, if a thought does hold my attention then I know it is a good one (if for me only) and I like to see those through to completion. I do get stuff done mind you. I am just not possessed with accomplishment like other people are. And that is an overstatement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer