I can't choose

I have a couple of Spiritual Gifts that are operating in my life. My primary gift is teaching and my secondary gift is mercy. What is interesting is that I did not choose the gifts (they were given to me) and I cannot choose how to exercise them in the church (that is chosen for me). For one reason or another God had it so that I was passed over for numerous opportunities to teach adults for an extended period of time. In my flesh I felt really badly about that and all of the usual questions came into my mind that sprang from my being self-absorbed: Am I not good enough? Did I say something wrong? Did people complain about me? and on and on they went. And I almost missed one of the more exciting things that has happened to me in the ministries God has called me to - the opportunity to teach children in a dynamic, high-energy setting with people that have extraordinary talent.

The exercise of Spiritual Gifts strengthens the church (1 Corinthians 12:7). I now know that God moves people into places in His church where there gifts will strengthen it. I am going to try to not have a long face or become self-absorbed when I do not get to exercise my giftedness in a particular way. The only thing I can do is sit back and marvel that He uses me at all in the loves of people that He loves very dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer