More required reading

I am under this fantasy that there will be required reading for my boys when they are older.

I recently finished reading C.S. Lewis' Reflections on the Psalms and I think that I found the finest chapter that he has ever written in any book of his that I have read. Chapter 9, A Word about Praising, framed the act of praising God in a way that I had not contemplated before. It was so simple it was radical and it helped me come to a deeper understanding of who I am and why I am. Even though Lewis is no fundamentalist I am absolutely going to add this chapter to my "Required Reading" list for my boys. I hope that this list is not just a fantasy of mine. I would like the things that have been helpful to me to be helpful to them as well. I just need to make sure that I am not disappointed if they do not derive the same value out of it than I have. They are unique individuals after all and God has a different course for them than He had (has) for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04