Safe and sound

Safe and sound knowing that You're big enough to
Wrap around my heart completely
Safe and sound just knowing that You know me -
Safe and Sound, Mercy

I had an experience in my ride into work today that can only be described as being held. I had a mildly stressful weekend that really came to a head, so to speak, when I got back from our evening service. There were quite a few stressors that effected my countenance to a great degree and I was caught up in them to a great extent. I had a restless night's sleep last night and knew I needed to meet with God in a special way this morning. Actually I think it may have been God Himself prescribing the cure for my anxiety.

I took what He offered and had a commute into work this morning that was unlike anything that I have had in a while. Why didn't I run to you sooner Dad? Your peace was available to me last night, wasn't it? Why didn't I avail myself of it? Maybe that was part of it God...maybe it was. To say that I am happy that You know me is too cheap a thought. It's not just your Word, your commandments, or your promises that are my rock. It's not this joy, hope, and peace that are my sure foundation.

It's You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer