Yup - there've been 40 of them

I thought our days were commonplace,
I thought they would number in the millions.
- Treasure of the Broken Land, Mark Heard

Time leaves its marks on me in almost imperceptible ways. I mean, I live with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (a fact that I often lament) and I need to look at pictures to see the effect that time has had on me. I don't look old to me until I look at the wedding picture on our living room wall. I looked so young back then...and that was only 15 years ago. I know that I am not as quick as I used to be and that I can't do the Spring clean up for 8 hours straight like I used to. I find that when I jog I feel like I am going to die and that I get a bit more winded running down the street after my boys. Of course that is not all age related...the volume of Stromboli that I have eaten in 12 hours may have something to do with that as well.

At any rate there have been 40 of them. Years that have passed and yes, I would do some things differently had I know that they would turn out the way they had. But now my days don't number in the millions. They never really had but I guess I am more aware of the number of them than I was in the past. The number 40 has sobered me somewhat. Somewhat. I still have a strange streak in me. It may take the number 50 to get that taken away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer