Goodbye ordinary

En route to Albany from the Atlanta airport I had a great conversation with my youngest son:

Drew: "Daddy are you flying Delta?"
Me: "Yes I am, Drew."
Drew: "Oh good I am soooo glad you are flying Delta Airlines!"
Me: "Really?"
Drew: "Oh yes. They give you drinks, they give you food. They are the best! You'll have a great time!"

I wondered where all this came from, but I then recalled that we flew Delta when we visited our friends down in Asheville, NC. I am in Detroit now and recall our layover here on our way from Rochester to Asheville and back again. I love the wonder that my guys have as they live their lives. It makes me want to be more cognizant of the experiences I am having and look for the exquisite in the ordinary.

Is there an ordinary? Not with them. It doesn't even enter their minds. It should have no place in mine either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04