Scored some real classics

I received a substantial iTunes gift card (thanks, Lynne') for Christmas and haven't spent it all of it yet, but I found a couple of classics that I had been missing for quite a while. The first, Again and Again by Mylon and Broken Heart is a smooth rock/jazz piece that was included on an 80's Christian music compilation. It is classic Mylon and in the same vein as a lot of the stuff found on his Big World album. I had been looking for this song for quite a while and am glad to see it on iTunes as the album it was off of is all right for Mylon and Broken Heart collectors, but not people like me.

The second is called Darn Floor, Big Bite from Daniel Amos and it is every bit as good as I remember it. I had the album on cassette and wore it out/threw it out a while ago. Daniel Amos is one of those alternative bands that were way ahead of their time and not just in Christian music circles. I am going to be playing this album a lot in the days ahead along with the Whiteheart Freedom and The Choir's Flap Your Wings albums I received on CD.

That's a lot of music that I need to reacquaint myself with. Not that it will be an arduous task mind you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer