I see it coming to a close

I have been teaching in our "children's church" program (called HighPoint) for a while now and I will have one more lesson to give before I transition into teaching our adults in our new classes on Sunday that begin next month. I can honestly say that I have mixed feelings about it as I love the stuff we are doing in our HighPoint program and it is great to be up in front of a ton of kids every week...including my own.

When I was asked to do this a while back there was a gnawing sense inside of me that this was the B-league of teaching. In other words, I had to rail against the tendency that I constructed to treat this as a second-class teaching assignment for people who couldn't quite cut it for the adult classes. When I finally snapped out of that flesh-driven thinking, I set out to pour myself into the teaching as much as I would any adult class that I would be given responsibility for.

Hopefully I have succeeded in that. Thankfully, I have the 5th and 6th grade Champions class every Wednesday to keep me in touch with at least some of the kids that I have fallen in love with. I am now preparing to co-teach a couple of classes in Theology and Bible Study methodology using the book of James. I know I will enjoy these classes but I am also looking forward to "subbing" in HighPoint when one of the other teachers won't be able to make it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer