Gotta love the interweb

For one reason or another I was thinking about the Awana Grand Prix and what I dismal failure I was last year as I kept score. OK - I wasn't a dismal failure...I was actually just this side of an abject one, but I was not satisfied with the job I did last year. So I went about getting a spreadsheet together that would automatically place the winners and losers in the correct heats and in the correct lanes for the races that were a part of the whole Grand Prix experience. As I worked through the spreadsheet I noticed that I was not a great detail person and also that I needed a solution that would allow me to enter close to any number of cars that would show up. Given the amount of clubbers we have this year that could be anywhere from 20 to 50 or so entries. That sounded like a lot of work to me.

So, I went to the world wide web.

And I found a great resource site, MattsResources.net, that had exactly what I was looking for. There, buried in a couple of different links, is the exact spreadsheet I needed for races with anywhere from 7 to 70 cars. Once the winners and losers are determined for each heat they are automatically entered into the cells for the correct heats in subsequent races...and intelligently added at that. Thankfully I will not have to worry about cobbling together a spreadsheet for use in the Grand Prix this year. With a few minor tweaks and customizations this one will fit the bill quite nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer