Stuff like this just keeps happening

There have been a couple of situations recently that I was, by and large, dreading but that have turned out to be surprisingly pleasant. I do wonder if the pleasantness has to do with the fact that I was dreading them so much, or had more to do with the genuine goodness of how they have turned out. In the midst of the situations I found myself, more than once, thinking, "Wow, that shouldn't have happened." or just "Wow...". Things are rarely as they seem as I am going through them so I don't know why I judge impending situations or try forecast them to be this, that, or the other. I am not thinking it is a lack of trust in God. God has put me through difficult situations before. I think it is more my inability to realize how little I actually know and how awful I am at anticipating how things will turn out.

I am sorry if this is vague. One of the things I will learn to mutter more and more is, "Well, we'll see won't we?" Of course this needs to sink deep into my heart too and point me to the Source of my peace. No false assurances, no preconceived ideas of how bad this will be...just a realization that I know jack.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer