iGoogle, public restrooms, and Mr. Hot

I am really (I mean really) digging iGoogle to a great degree. I am fascinated by the concept of consolidating information in portal environments (especially when it promotes collaboration) and the flexibility that I have with iGoogle is really quite nice. The most useful thing that I have found to do with it is to consolidate all of my RSS feeds into tabs that I have designated as Home, Mail, News, and Stuff. On my home page I have RSS feeds for Slashdot, David Whiting Live, and my Facebook notifications, the News tab has RSS feeds from CNN, the Beeb, CNET, Computerworld, the Christian Science Monitor, and live weather and radar for Rochester. Another thing that I have found to be really great is that I now have the ability to monitor my personal Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts at a glance (in the Mail tab). The Stuff tab is just a collection of hoo-hah that I read on occasion and new posts in the Aquaria Central's General Freshwater forum is in there now. All good stuff and it saves me a lot of mouse clicks as I look for interesting stuff to read.

I have a bad habit that saved me from a wet bum this morning. I have a tendency to let my hands touch the toilet seat in private and public restrooms before I sit down. Well, this morning, I absentmindedly failed to notice that the seat was up on the toilet that I needed to use. Letting my hands guide the rest of my body I quickly felt porcelain rather than plastic and a crisis was averted. Being a public toilet I would have just had to yell "Cannon ball!" before falling in and that would have tipped some people off that I was in there (a big no-no/hangup of mine) and let the building know that another one of it's occupants is interested in clean hands at the risk of a moist buhumpkis.

Oh, and ladies, watch out - this hot toddy is sporting some freshly trimmed eyebrows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04