Faith for all of life

There wasn't a boatload of opportunity for interaction, but we are saying farewell for now to some good friends of ours that stayed with us for a couple of days. They are headed back down to Pennsylvania and our home has been made richer through their presence with us. One of the methods I (we) have adopted for building the faith of my (our) children is to expose them to people of varying ages who have saving faith in Christ. I want them to know that faith is not just for little kids, or women, or men, but should be for all people in all stages of their lives. The friends that we hosted love the Lord in word and deed and I want my children to fall in love with people like that. I know that, for me, my so called faith was rocked in high school when I caught a glimpse of a genuine relationship with Christ that was born out in the lives of a few of my teachers at Cardinal Mooney. God, through them, created a desire in me for Himself that continues to this day.

So there it is, my sons, a life lesson in the faithful pursuit of God. Follow their lead and know that, when your retirement years are upon you, your God is still the same as He was when you prayed for "good dreams" in the Summer of 2009. You won't ever regret the decision you have made to make Him the leader and forgiver of your life. I know they don't. Make sure you please the Spirit as they are doing - and show the world that there is more to your faith than what you do on Sunday morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer