Electronica

For the longest time, probably since hearing the Titles track on Vangelis' Chariots of Fire soundtrack, I have been attracted to and intrigued by electronic music. For me, a piece of music cannot be too sparse, angular, or sterile. I have no idea why this is as my temperament and personality suggest something completely opposite as I do not have a tendency to be as organized and mathematical as some electronic music happens to be. I remember meditating long and hard on the purity of the tone that emanated from the synthesizers that made up the vast majority of the music I listened to. Even the human voice sounded more music-like to my ear if it was processed through a computer like that first. I remember buying certain albums and being disappointed when I found out that there was a human voice singing on them - Kitaro was a major offender in this area, but Andreas Wollenweider threw some in as well on occasion.

I have moderated to a great degree in my musical tastes but there is no wonder I was initially attracted to Christian bands like Crumbacher, Daniel Amos (in the 1980's), Farrell and Farrell, and individuals like Jeff Johnson and Charlie Peacock. I am not sure what the purpose of this blog post is, but know that if you're ever invited to a rave that I am piloting, you'll be expected to perform the Sprockets dance with me. Or at least beside me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer