A time we had no business having...

On Saturday night I returned from a time that I had no business having in a place that I had no business being in with people that I had no business being around. Does the term "better than I deserve" apply more appropriately to any other situation than the one I was just in? From the moment we found the perfect rental car for our situation to the delay in the flight time that allowed my boys time to eat before boarding the plane for the ride home I had the absolutely perfect vacation to Disney World. It is hard to imagine a more splendid time and I had absolutely no business being blessed the way I was.

The easy thing to say is that God is delighted to bless His children. He could not have poured more blessings into my cup last week. There were times of unbridled joy and pleasant surprises, and there were teachable moments for me and for my sons as well. I saw too much last week to attribute it to anything other than His movement in my life to bring me back to a realization that He is exactly who He says He is and so much more.

All this and heaven too? Yes...a thousand times yes. Is this a measure of the abundant life you promised me? How could it be anything but?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer