Thar he blogs

OK, so I thought I had it all figured out. I thought I knew the reason why I blog as much as I do and write about the things I write about, but there is just something that cannot be expressed in words that compells me to do it. I know that people visit my blog, but I do not get a lot of comments on my posts. That fact doesn't bother me at all. I am happy that some people find the topics I ramble on and on about somewhat interesting (interesting enough for a return visit or two) but I have to say that my blogging is more for me than for other people. Maybe that's selfish...I don't know. I have nothing against putting family times up on the blog and enjoy reading blogs that are family-oriented, but that is not as motivating to me than to just, incessantly, do a brain dump into the keyboard.

I do think that my blogging helps me to develop my written communication. I think that I can more adequately express myself when I write as compared to when I speak. I know that most people would rather me talk than write when they want to hear anything from me. I have never been fond of the sound of my own voice (insert joke here) and would much rather hear the clicking of the keys than what I sound like in my head when I talk.  So I'll keep blogging.

It may or may not surprise you to know that I have a behind-the-firewall blog at work as well. I write about the technical aspects of my job and the projects I am working on. My boss doesn't even read it, but I blog nonetheless. At least it is a chronicle of sorts concerning what I am accomplishing and it helps me sort out the direction I need to take as I tackle complex problems. It also sets me apart from my compatriots and feeds into my obsession with making information accessible to as many people as possible.

So I'll blog on. Whether I get a slap on the back or an 'atta boy at all I will continue to write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer