Reality: cold and hard

There is nothing more discouraging, at times, than reality. My wife and I were talking with someone a while back and confronted them with reality and a situation that they were oblivious to. I am not exactly sure why they were ignoring something that was patently obvious to us, but we built the story for them and showed them the truth. They had no real choice but to embrace it - it was there for them in black and white. Now, ignorant no longer, they had (and continue to have) a choice to make. They can either face it and kill the beast in front of them or continue to struggle. Prayerfully they'll look at what they've done and deal with it in a way that will glorify God. I think they will - I have confidence that God will deliver them from this.

Even though reality is cold and hard and holds multitudinous suckage at times I can't help but see it as my friend. Ignorance is bliss for sure but it is so damaging. I could lose people that are very dear to me if I ignore reality. They could even lose their own souls through my ignorance or posturing in a world that I have created far separate from reality. It was reality that brought me to my knees begging the only Being with the power to do so to forgive my sins and, thus, save my soul. It was reality that brought me to my wife and reality that brought me to my present vocation. It is also reality that wounds me...but it also binds the wounds and I consider my position in Christ and act in light of that reality.

Cold. Hard. Warm. Soft. It is all there in reality. So what of it, Mark? Where will you be today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer