It was good to hear it from another source

There were some things that I had known to be true about my youngest son and I heard the same things about him today from his (now former) Kindergarten teacher. The first thing she had mentioned was that he was enjoyable. That I can attest to especially when I am relating to him one-on-one. He rarely (if ever) does not enjoy being with me wherever our travels take us and whatever we find ourselves doing. It is precisely that attitude that makes him enjoyable and fun to be around. The second thing that she mentioned was that he was other-centered and cared about other people around him. That is something that I see in him as well. He is a lover of people and has a heart for people and for animals as well. Maybe that is why he is interested in becoming a veterinarian.

Having those traits that I knew to be true about him reinforced by someone who spends a lot of time with him gives me confidence that they are, indeed, true about him. They also help give me confidence that I am being objective in my assessment of his personality and abilities. Hopefully I will have the wherewithal to nurture those things in him to such an extent that he will be willing to subject them to the control of the Holy Spirit. God will use him, there is no doubt in my mind about that. I just want him to be an eager participant as he is used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer