Enough of a challenge

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:7-9

One of the many things that I appreciate about teaching/preaching God's Word is that I simply need to accurately represent what is says. That's it. Now that is enough of a challenge, but I don't need to add my own wisdom to it or bring in other supporting material unless it aids in the understanding of the text. Obviously adding and subtracting (which is really adding when it gets down to it) to God's Word is fraught with danger. Not the least of which is that I will find myself squarely in God's sights where He will be bent on rebuking me and proving me to be a liar. He will accomplish that because, as I have written about before, He is relentless.

So there it is: the rest that I have as I look to bring God's wisdom to those that need it. There is great power in that and unbelievable weakness in the alternative. And believe me, the clear presentation of what the Scriptures actually say is enough of a challenge without pretending to add anything to it to make it more palatable or powerful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer