Aquarium update

For the truly bored, here is the latest update from the aquarium side of the house:
  • We finally found another corydoras panda to add to the two that we bought more than a couple of months ago. It is interesting to see how big the other panda cories have gotten in comparision to their new tankmate. He (or she) is adapting well to the new environment and has been hanging out with the other two.
  • I finally got rid of the anubias hastifolia that was biting the wax tadpole...hard. My advice to future generations is to not use the hastifolia in a submersed environment. It was nice and tall, however, and made a nice background plant.
  • I re-introduced the anachris into the tank for some floating plant cover for the tetras. They took to it right away. This does mean, however, the dosing with Flourish Excel is completely out of the question as it decimated the last bunch I had.
  • I bought two more anubias to replace the hastifolia that I got rid of (lanceolata and minima) and placed them near the back. I am wondering if I should put them on the side so that the light won't hit their leaves so intensely.
  • We scored a nice stand off of craigslist for $25. If you don't craigslist you should (how's that for a paternal statement?) as it is our first source when we want to buy something. The stand is great and allows me to hide all of the food and clutter underneath it behind the door.
Overall a busy weekend in fish land.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer