Yes, but does it flush

In the bathroom this morning at the office I noticed an offer for a National Geographic magazine that is geared towards little kids. I immediately thought of my youngest son and the fascination that he has with animals and bugs and how much he would enjoy the receiveing it. I then thought about it's flushability. In other words, I considered the effect that the offer card would have on the piping and the sewer system if I were to attempt to flush it down the toilet. My thoughts then turned to other objects on my desk and in my house and if it would be possible to flush those down the toilet as well.

I guess my fascination with the flushability of certain work and household items is due to the fact that where things go when they leave my sight is a bit of a mystery. It would also be a tad interesting to see the process of, for example, the sewage treatment plant's approach to fitering out a flash drive that happened to find its way into it. I would be interested to see the array of objects that have been flushed down the toilet and I wonder if they are posted on a wall somewhere...or at least photographed and chronicled in some other, perhaps more hygenic, way.

So, when I am in contact with an object that could, conceivably, find it's way down the toilet I will think of the potential it has to be flushed. Then I will quickly dismiss the idea and not...wait...who am I kidding?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer