Too well for my own good

"...He made the woman too well for anybody's good..." If You're Listening, The Choir

I know this exactly. The knowledge that the woman He has given me to help me is truly helping me, challenging me, to be more like Christ. This isn't some passing fancy or fad that she has. Nor is it something so self-serving where my Christ-likeness would be realized for her comfort or convenience.

What could be more uncomfortable or inconvenient than living with someone who is like Him?

But there she is and there she goes, time after time, to help me realize areas in my life where I need to surrender control to the Spirit. She helps Him form me into the man that He wants me to be. Thanks be to God that she doesn't give up. Though I can be frustrating at times she never stops loving me in this way.

In a worldly sort of way she has been made and fashioned far too well for my own good. But in a spiritual fashion she has been molded into someone that He can use to bring me to where He wants me to be. Yes, I have found a wife and I have found a good thing. I dare say I would be nowhere near where I am without her and can I say that her absence would diminish me?

I can't help but think otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer