Something I recall from my childhood

I don't remember why and I am having a hard time entering into those feelings again, but in my youth I remember finding it a bit unfair that the letter "r" came before the letter "s" in the alphabet. I always had the feeling that the letter "s" had more of a right to come before "r" and sort of felt badly that it did not. Thinking about it now, there does not seem to be a real rhyme or reason why the letters are arranged the way they are in the "alphabet song" so I guess I could have put the "s" before the "r" if I wanted to. It is funny, however, that I never thought to do that and that I did not have the same feelings for any of the other letters and the order that they occurred in the canonical arrangement of the alphabet.

This feeling has, admittedly, diminished over the years, but it is still firmly planted in my memory for some reason. I wonder if it will ever come back? Or have I moved on from there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer