The problem with magic dust

Other than the obvious, there are issues with the application of magic dust on an object or a situation to alter it. The main issue I can see is that my knowledge of the universe and the way a situation or object ought to be is limited and flawed. I have such great ideas about how things could be better or how this or that could be different. The problem is I really have no idea what my application of the magic dust could do to me, others around me, and the work that God Himself is doing in my life to make me holy. Wishing this or that away not only undermines God's provision in my life, but also puts me in charge. I have borked up enough situations to know that I could mess this one up as well. I could guess right, but my track record suggests the opposite is more likely to happen.

So what of it? I am exactly where I am because a loving God has put me here and has my life in His hands. This isn't fatalism...it's trust. A trust that is violated by me wishing for Saturday, or a raise, or a hundred other things. A trust and a peace that would flee with my application of magic dust to something, or someone, that I desire to change. What arrogance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer