Nostalgic fantasy redux, the youngest

I have written before about my fondness for nostalgic fantasy. I am not sure if there is a great body of literature that is out there where I could explore this genre a bit more, but I think that my affinity for it is one of the reasons why I enjoy listening to Chris Rice so much. His "Run the Earth and Watch the Sky" album is full of the stuff. Now admittedly I have an easier time picking out the presence of it when I come across it, but there is a drawing to it that is unlike any other. It is more than a preference - it is more like a resonance in my heart...all the way down. The tone is so pure when it is thrust into my consciousness.

Yesterday my wife told my youngest son that we were going to be working on teaching him to tie his shoes this Summer. This was his reaction:

"Woo hoo...wait, I mean...oh, right...woo hoo!"

Shouldn't that be my reaction to my life? With God leading me into Christ-likeness shouldn't my life be one giant "woo hoo"? I am afraid, however, I get stuck in the "wait, I mean" and never really get to the "oh, right". I pray that I catch myself more and more when I am confronted with confusing situations. Circumstances are so pregnant with Him and the work that He does. I need to recognize that with more and more frequency.

Only then will my mouth be open wide in wonder agape in the knowledge that He regards me at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer