It will happen

Being concerned, worried, fretting, or having my thoughts consumed by this, that, or the other thing does me absolutely no good. Railing against that which I cannot control (like the weather or my schedule at times) means nothing and merits even less. Disappointment is merely discontentment and I am wise to make sure that I am satisfied with the place I find myself in. This doesn't discount planning and foresight. Rather it enhances it because I am not subject to my circumstances as I look to the future. Thankfully I am not even a slave to fatalism because Someone is numbering my steps today and will also do that tomorrow as well.

It will happen. I am not entirely sure how or what but I am sure that something good will happen. It won't always be easy, it won't always be something of my choosing, but it will be good. If I am careful to not resist the Spirit it will also make me more like the Son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer