Here they come...Part 2

Every couple of years we are blessed that some part of the creation has chosen to invade our house: pavement ants. Now my wife keeps a very clean house so we are not exactly sure what they are after. The kitchen is quite well-kept and with the occasional crumbs dropped here and there, we are generally not well-versed in feeding the wildlife. Of course, these ants don't seem to mind all that much that there is nothing there for them. I tried to ignore them and keep everything much cleaner than normal but they still came in. So, I decided to bring out the big guns last night: Terro ant control syrup with one of my favorite compounds: boric acid.

Now, the last time I used this stuff it worked brilliantly, but my placement was a little off. The story of my life: good idea, flawed execution. You see, we have a microwave cart on the right hand side of the counter and I put all of the syrup cards underneath that. Well, that led the ants to where I wanted them to be, but we had the pleasure of watching them, day and night, moving out of the bottom cabinets, across the bottom of the counter base, underneath the cart, and back across the counter base, and then through the cabinet. A little disturbing, but overall it was generally fun. Well, this year, I decided to put all of the syrup underneath the sink. Now we don't have to watch all of the fun save a lone straggler here or there. I was watching the action a bit this morning and, sure enough, they're taking the poison back to their ant home. Hopefully they'll feed it to their queen and that will be that.

I guess all this to say that I hate ants in the house. I don't even mind spiders or the occasional centipede or two, but ants must and will die. It gives me great satisfaction watching them gorge themselves on the syrup filled with boric acid. It makes me much more satisfied to know that they are doing it where I don't have to watch them.

Die you little boogers...die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer