Here they come...

I was looking out my window this morning at my front lawn trying to deduce where the grass was coming up and where it was not when...flop...a big old clump of oak blossom fell right on the lawn. I couldn't help (well, I could but chose not to) but feel a little bit of disgust at the whole incident especially when I began to notice a bunch of oak blossoms dotting the lawn here and there. But then I realized that my reaction was more about my personal convenience than anything. Why in the world should I be railing against the presence of these blossoms rather than celebrate that, for another year, our majestic oak tree will be filled with leaves again? Why not hold the Spring that is in full force now (thanks be to God) close to my chest and drink it all in? Have I grown so cold as to not think that this rebirth is but a foretaste of my own?

Celebrate I shall.

On a separate note I cannot tell you how many times I have said, either privately or to my wife and in reference to our house and surrounding property, "this place is starting to shape up". I finished some work over the weekend on the fence along two of our property lines and I got that thought running through my mind again. Yes, for the 150th time, this place is starting to shape up a bit. I fear that I will always be in the shaping up business when it comes to our home. That is a good thing I guess and one that I do enjoy doing. I like to stay busy and even like that fact that I ache, just a bit, in all of the areas I do today after working hard the day before.

Jud continues to be right...hard work truly does satisfy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer