That time of year again

I have blogged before about my love of all things antihistamine and decongestant. Especially if that antihistamine happens to be chlorpheniramine and the decongestant is pseudoephedrine (which is probably the longest word I know how to spell). Well, it is that time of year again and, even though we have been getting mad rain lately, my head feels like it is full to the brim. Yesterday in my travels I stopped at the local grocery store and grabbed some Chlor-Trimeton and some generic Sudafed for my drug cocktail that keeps me sane until the first or second week of July. It seems like the allergy symptoms are starting a bit on the early side this year, but I am ready with an ample supply of my second most oft-used drug (the first being caffeine).

I had the first taste of my antihistamine/decongestant-induced state last night before attending the evening service with the church and let me tell you it felt great. I had been in states of off-and-on suffering the past couple of days and it was good to feel like my old self again. This morning the thought crossed my mind to take some but then it promptly left (or was dismissed) and boy am I feeling it now. It seems as though my "dependency" on the stuff continues unabated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer