A pure, genuine need

I am not, ever, one for directions. I am, not arguably, the most clueless directionally impaired driver the road has ever had the privilege of making way for. This cluelessness has a tendency to manifest itself in other areas of my life, but I, and those around me, are the most acutely aware of it when I am behind the wheel. I have a feeling that is about to change.

My wife got me a GPS for my birthday and I think I have found something that has fulfilled a pure, genuine need in my life. I received a Garmin 260 W in the mail a couple of days ago and I have a new-found confidence behind the wheel. I have a feeling that I will be heavily dependent on that little voice that tells me to "turn right on Stone Road" when I need to get somewhere outside of my general neighborhood. There are numerous business trips (almost missed that plane in Newark) and even on our honeymoon (what a way to begin a new relationship) where I needed something exactly like this. I hope that I will use this new found pwer for good and maybe even get a clue about directions when it is not in my possession.

I'm not holding my breath. I'd better keep the battery charged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer