Absolutely palpable

I have had two experiences this Spring, so far, that have been absolutely palpable. I love feeling this way and wanted to remain in them for the longest time...

I did some seeding in my front lawn last Sunday in anticipation of the rain that was forecast for the next three days. I looked out of my window on yesterday morning and saw that there were some rain drops on the garden stones in the front yard. My heart became instantly full almost as if there was a longing that was fulfilled in a providential way. It was so real, this rain, that I felt like I could reach out and grab it. I wanted to, so desperately, wrap my arms around it and hold it close to me. It was an incredible feeling, but, alas, it quickly faded and I was left running through the rain and into the car to get my buhumpkis to work at a decent time.

Then, this morning, after a day and night of rain I stepped out the door to an unbelievable morning. The smells of Spring were so thick that they washed over me...immersing me in a glory that could have only come from Him. The sweet smell of the Spring flowers, the wet dirt, the cool wetness of the morning filled me and created in me a me desire to linger and breathe it all in. It was a good thing I loaded up on my allergy medicine before stepping out as I wouldn't have wanted to ruin the moment with a sneeze or a sniffle. What a feeling! What a granting! It was all there for the taking and I tried to grab it. Oh how I tried.

All this...all this...and heaven too. God, you are too good to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer