This weekend was so much different

This weekend was so much different for me as I didn't have a looming trip in the back of my mind. I know that it probably shouldn't have been different, but I still have an issue with living in the here and now and I let the future impact way too much of my feelings and activities. Will I ever get to the point where my past and the anticipation of the future will never encroach on where I am at the present moment? I hope I do and I know that's the standard I need to hold myself to. But boy is it hard. Too hard at times.

So there I was Saturday and (more so) Sunday reveling in the experience of the days without a care in the world it seemed. I had such a great time with my family that I thought my heart would burst out of my chest. There were the little things here and there that would try to pull my down from my bliss but I wouldn't let them. It seemed like there was nothing that could have stopped the way I felt. Not one thing.

Yet I now I know there was something that could have done it. At least I am wiser for the next time. I hope I'm wiser for the next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer