Honesty

I have been trying to be more honest in my interactions with people especially when it comes to my faith. I am beginning to bring up things that impact me more and more and tie them to "my church" or "a preacher" or "the school that is attached to my church" and things of that nature. Often I would share the same bit of information with people but couch it in more veiled terms like "the school my sons attend" or "someone said" but I am getting to the point where I am giving more and more hints about who I really am to people.

This morning I was eating breakfast with a colleague and told her about "something a preacher said" about the bald truth. My wife knows the quote well - too well perhaps through my constant repetition of it. I was tempted to attribute the quote to a "someone" but I decided to just be honest. So much of my life revolves around this Christ that I am less and less interested in couching it. I want it to be known that I am driven by my faith. I am not in the habit of beating people over the head with it, but I am less and less in the habit of withholding it from people as well. I want them to know and they will know. Maybe I'll even get a chance to pray for them. Or with them. Or share the Gospel with them. I want them to know that they can approach me with ultimate questions when the Spirit so moves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer