Do I sharpen?

I wonder if I sharpen people? I can entertain and I like to hear myself talk, but these are not qualities that would lend to works that endure. I can point to people in my life that sharpen me and force me to re-think some of the preconceptions I have about life and holiness. I would like to be that person to others. Or at least one other. I want people to see God in a different light because of who I am or what I say. I don't mind entertaining as long as it sets the stage for sharpening and helping people become more holy.

If I had to give up the funny business that I engage in, that's all right. I am willing to do it as long as it is replaced by something other than sobriety for sobriety's sake. I'll be sober for sharpening's sake. Maybe God just has me wondering about all of this to keep me humble. He knows how proud and puffed up I get at the slightest compliment I receive. He also knows when a compliment will encourage me and they always seem to arrive just in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer