Creation's transmission

All of creation (myself included) transmits a constant message about God. I am humbled by the fact that this mannishness that I find in me (yes I am still on this topic) places me in a unique position of both transmitter and receiver.

I have been wracking my brain recently to find anything that God communicates to His creation beyond the commands to "do this" or to "go no further". It seems to me that the whole of creation is controlled by Him as a driver would control a vehicle. He gives it energy as I would when I turn the key to my car or purpose as I would when I let the clutch out and depress the accelerator. Working my way through the gears and turning the wheel ever so slightly this way and that I arrive at my destination and my machine finds rest until it is pressed into service again. Such it is with the whole of creation...save me.

I would never invite my car into a love relationship with me, but I would my wife, children, family, and friends. What an awesome picture that is of God who never sought love from the rain or a mouse but constantly, consistently pursues me. He desires my worship - not the attention of the pulsar as awesome as that may be, or even Michael or Gabriel. He wants my attention, demands it even, for His own glory and for my good. He doesn't do this with anything else.

Sometimes I wish He would. But He is relentless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer