Bombarded with thoughts

There are some days (so unlike today) where there is such a dearth of thought and thinking in my brain (cue jokes) that I have absolutely no idea what to blog about. Of course, I could blog about how my hands smelled like bleach last night or the fact that I exercised this morning, but that may not be too compelling to see me through to the end of the post. Then there are other days where my head is just exploding with things to write about. Subject after subject pops into my head and I would be hard pressed to get a fifth of it down on the screen let alone all of it. By the time that I get around to blogging I am sure that a lot of it falls by the wayside. I may need a list of sorts to track all of the different items that pop into my head and blog about them as I tick them off my list.

But then there is part of me that doesn't want to be so self-important that I think that every thought that crosses my mind is worth capturing and recording. I know that God loves it when I apply my mind to search Him out (as feeble as that application tends to be) but I also know that most, if not all, of it is wildly inaccurate. Does it all need to be there for the world to see? Does some of it need to be privately kept in this brain of mine? Why don't I ask these questions with more frequency? Is this what I really intended to write today?

I find that when I read and listen to theologians or thinkers I have a tendency to have a fire lit under me to write. For example, there was a great illustration that C.S. Lewis gave that brought the fact that God has placed eternity into our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11) that has had my mind racing lately, but is that really worth writing about? Is it merely interesting?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04