And why shouldn't it be?

Can I help it? Is it part of my mannishness (as Schaeffer puts it) to sing louder than the rest of God's creation? I have been redeemed and that redemption is the stuff of my song. Positionally creation has been redeemed as well, but there is a big difference in my redemption experience over that of the rest of God's creatures.

I know a hint of my actual redemption - the manifestation of my position in Christ in reality. I have a foretaste of what it is like to live a life that is in concert with His will. I have an inkling of pure motivations. I have a wisp of restored relationships. I have a drop of unadulterated meditation. I have a blink of true beauty. Such is the life of this man who has been bought and given the Spirit to indwell and empower him. His creatures that do not share in my mannishness know nothing of this.

All of this allows me to lean to the oak in my front yard and whisper "Not yet." Soon it will sing a new song like the song I sing. Soon, when my foretaste becomes a feast, it will dine with me.

Yet I will still sing louder than creation to Him for He both sought me and subjected the restoration of the rest of creation to the revelation that is yet to come. The revelation that will forever show me as His son and bring what I have been saved from to full and complete knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer