That was too quick

I let my passport expire and, lo and behold, I need to do some international travel in the near future and had to get it renewed. Well, not looking forward to the hassle and time away I thought I would get some breathing room on the travel front waiting for my passport to come back.

Now I don't want to complain about the efficiency of a government office (OK I do) but wow. I sent my passport application and photos in via the US postal service on January 22, 2009 and it showed up at my house on February 2, 2009. I thought it was going to take at least 3 weeks and was sort of hoping for 4 or 5.

I think that me sending my previous, expired passport had something to do with the quick turnaround time on this one. Now I am free to roam about the globe. Can you sense the excitement in my typing? Me neither.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer