Talking versus writing

I have to admit that I like to talk - as long as most of the subject matter is either mundane or nonsensical. It takes a lot of energy for me to talk about substantive issues and I don't like the vulnerability it leads me into. Of course there are other issues that this uncovers as well, but communication is something that I often pay lip service to and almost never have a desire to engage in.

OK, getting that all out of the way I have often toyed with the idea of making this written blog into an audio one. I am continually intrigued by the human voice and the instrument that it is. There was a time in my youth where I was more interested in any other instrument save the human voice in the music I listened to. I preferred even the synthesizer over it. I have mellowed somewhat since then as I have come to respect the power of the spoken word. Why not the sung word you may ask. Well, to me, singing in a known language is just another form of speaking. Now the "ahs" and "ohs" that punctuate non-voice-centered instrumentation at times are a different story altogether. But I digress. Of course I do. I have been known to, at times, even digress from my digressions...

I can organize my thoughts and communicate much better through writing. I think that is one of the reasons why an audio blog holds as much interest to me as it does. It presents a challenge that writing does not. It also opens up new vistas for communication - inflection, tone, the sing-song of sarcasm...all of it is on the table and presents the faithful listener with so much more than the bold, italics, and underlining that punctuate my writing at times.

SO is it ever going to happen? Will I ever move to an audio blog? I think I will try to experiment with some audio posts to see how they would fit into this whole exercise, but I am pretty keen on continuing this writing. I amy be the only one keen on that, but I digress...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer